Did you know your feet will travel 128,000kms or more in a lifetime, equivalent to walking three times around the world?  It’s little wonder that according to one Australian study just under 20% of us report having foot aches, pain or stiffness most days. People who reported knee, hip and back pain were also more likely to also have foot pain. At Foot Motion, people come to see us for help with a wide range of concerns about their feet and legs. We offer podiatry services and advice on foot health issues such as
- Foot pain, aches, stiffness
- Foot conditions such as heel pain, bunions, metatarsalgia, flat feet and high arched feet
- Foot and lower limb problems caused by medical conditions such as arthritis, gout and diabetes
- Skin and nail conditions such as fungal nails, ingrowing nails, corns, callous and tinea
- Difficulty with footwear
- Foot problems at work
Our General Podiatry Services
If you have a specific pain or problem, check out our Foot, Leg and Back Pain tab or look in the list on the side of this page to find out more information about your specific condition.
If you don’t have pain but you do have concerns regarding your foot and leg alignment or function, our Podiatrists can certainly take a look and provide you with feedback and advice about how to improve your lower limb function. It may be that you have a family history of foot and leg problems and want advice on how to avoid these yourself – we can help! We conduct a thorough Biomechanical Examination and Gait Analysis to provide you with a detailed overview of the way your feet and legs work and advice on how to prevent problems developing in the future.
If shoes are a problem, we can provide you with advice and help you select appropriate shoes for your feet – click the Footwear Assessment and Prescription tab for more information.
We are also happy to provide you with General Podiatry services including care for hard to manage nails and skin problems (such as callus and corns) and have effective treatments for ingrown toenails and warts.
At FootMotion, we see patients across all age groups, from little kids to our seniors, and with all levels of activity. No problem is too big or too small. If you have concerns about your feet or legs, having a check up from a FootMotion podiatrist is the place to start.
Click here to make an appointment.
- Australasian Podiatry Council. General Foot Advice. [cited 2016 23 November]; Available from: http://www.apodc.com.au/foot-health-resources/general-foot-advice.
- Hill, C.L., et al., Prevalence and correlates of foot pain in a population-based study: the North West Adelaide health study. Journal Of Foot And Ankle Research, 2008. 1(1): p. 2-2.